Pregnancy is a great experience in a couple’s life, and while this is probably their best experience or at least one of the best, it can be a little challenging to make a pregnancy announcement to family and friends. Want to check out some great pregnancy announcement ideas?
In most cases, parents-to-be wait until the end of the first trimester to tell friends and family about their pregnancy. Some wait for longer until when the baby bump starts to show. Regardless of when you’ll make your announcement, you need to do it in style.
The anticipation of a new baby is an exciting time for any family. There are many ways to announce the pregnancy with creativity and style so you can share your joy in different, meaningful ways, so here are some baby announcement ideas.
How to Announce a Pregnancy
These pregnancy announcement ideas help you reveal the great news to your family, friends, or even partner on different occasions.
Christmas Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
From dressing baby bumps in holiday lights to wearing ugly sweaters to holiday parties, there are so many creative Christmas pregnancy announcement ideas that you can use to pass your message to everyone.
You can decide that there is no more hiding as a Christmas gift to everyone, celebrate with a sonogram, use Prize-winning ugly sweaters, write it all up on Santa’s list or use a Christmas card surprise.
Social Media Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
Social Media is perhaps the closest connection between friends and families living at a distance. It’s also fast and reaches a great audience at one. If you are one who’s not shy to be in the public limelight or an avid social media user, you can take the opportunity to announce your pregnancy.
You can make your pregnancy announcement on social media by;
- Updating status or tweeting that you’re expecting
- Using pregnancy emojis
- Posting your baby bump photos online
- Sharing pictures from the ultrasound
Pregnancy Announcement T-shirts
Announcing your pregnancy using a t-shirt is a great way to make your announcement as it allows customization.
Some t-shirt ideas include;
- Wearing an empire waist or an A-line that will help you either highlight that teeny bump.
- Printing sweet words such as ‘mommy to be,’ ‘expecting patron,’ and ‘I’m pregnant, this is my last one seriously.’ Others include; ‘you can stop asking when we are having a baby now,’ ‘mama in the making,’ ‘does this t-shirt make me look pregnant?’ ‘Loading or eating for two.’
Fun Ways to Tell Your Husband You’re Pregnant
A child will deepen your relationship with your partner and take the relationship to new heights and change both of your livers forever. For many couples eager to start a family, there’s no news more appealing than “ I’m pregnant!”.
When making a pregnancy announcement, you have to share the news creatively and to your specifications.
Announcing your pregnancy to the dad to be can be done in fun ways that include;
- Sending him to a pregnancy announcement scavenger hunt
- Writing it on a fishing hook
- Use a beer stein
- Writing it on a pocket knife and giving it to him
- Write it on a customized t-shirt
- Use a greeting card
- Use a letterboard announcement
- Making some pregnancy jokes
- Write it in his favorite sports jersey or simply write it on a special note.
When to Announce Pregnancy
Don’t let anyone rush you; announcing your pregnancy depends entirely on you. Many parents, however, prefer to reveal their pregnancy around week 13 which is at the end of the first trimester.
Some common factors to consider on when to announce pregnancy include;
- Risk of miscarriage
- Report of the first prenatal visit
- Recurrent pregnancy loss.
Most parents-to-be feel more comfortable sharing the news after having an ultra-sound, reaching the pregnancy milestone, and hearing the baby’s heartbeat.
Announcing a baby shouldn’t be a great hassle. It’s one of the most exciting news for friends and family, and you should do it freely without feeling overly anxious.
Equipped with these pregnancy announcement ideas, you are all set to share the big news with your dear ones.